Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hard drive failures are a unavoidable problem but you can prepare.

After the one year warranty with Dell, the hard drive on the Inspiron 1545 failed - one can't help but wonder if this is part of Dell's planned obsolescence strategy. I spent $126.00 to purchase a new 500GB replacement. I was able to maneuver into DOS to use XCOPY /e to savage my data even though the technical support advised that the drive was unreadable based on the diagnostic error 2000-0142. It was also interesting that the technical support personnel attempted to influence me to buy another yearly warranty for $176.00 but did not recommend using the 2.5 USB SATA Hard Drive HDD case to gain access to the 497 GB of accessible hard disk storage.



It should come as no surprise that I'm rethinking the content of
http://examiner.com/urban-technology-in-washington-dc/don-t-mess-with-dell-my-experience-wth-dell-inspiron-15

No comments:

Post a Comment